Transparent LCD Displays are the latest innovation in LCD technology, opening up a wide range of new opportunities in retail and marketing.
The possibilities are endless, from placing in front of a product in store, and displaying promotional videos, to being used in front of artefacts at a museum showing facts relating to the object. We can even add touch interaction with multitouch sensors available for all our transparent displays.
Each transparent LCD is sold as a kit, and includes the display, media board, cables and power supply.
The media board has an on board media player, so you can upload your content via USB drive or the board has a HDMI port if you want to use your own PC / media player. (http://crystal-display.com/products/transparent-lcd/)
You are asked to:
- Explore the state of the art technology used in today’s interactive transparent displays
- Identify an area of application where you could use interactive transparent displays of the chosen technology and its weaknesses and concentrate on one or two key issues you want to address in your project and provide a solution for, in terms of concept and design
- Using Roles, identify strengths of the chosen technology and its weaknesses and concentrate on one or two key issues you want to address in your project and provide a solution for, in terms of concept and design
- You should look at the problem from the UX perspective proposing, possibly, novel paradigms in how an interface can be used
- develop an interactive prototype demonstrating an innovative, fit for purpose UX design, and use animation and game design to enhance the appeal of your proposed system and to promote and simulate its features to the public – to the best of your ability
- Provide separate prototypes for animation and game designs, but linked to the project as a whole